curl -v https://mysite.atlassian.net --user firstname.lastname@example.org:my-api-token
This KB describes how to automatically change the Assignee when transitioning from one workflow step, or status, to another by using a transition. We’re going to add a workflow post-function onto that transition that will enable us to provide this functionality.
Auto changing the assignee in each transition (Stage). In order to do that please follow these steps:
- Log in as a user with the JIRA application administrator global permission.
- Click the cog icon from the top bar and select JIRA Administration > Issues, then Workflows (in the left pane)
- Click View on the targeted workflow
- Click the name of the desired transition
- Enter the post-function tab
- Click Add Post Function
- Select Update Issue field
- Select Assignee in the Issue Field
- Start typing the user name in the Field Value text box or click the Select a User icon beside the text box and select the desired user and click Add.